|Puppy Adoption Questionnaire
|Would you please be so kind as to copy and paste this questionnaire into a word document or an email,
fill in the questions and email it to me at... MistyLK13@aol.com
City, State, Zip:
Yorkshire Terrier or Biewer Yorkshire Terrier Adoption Questionnaire
Are you interested in a Yorkshire Terrier or a Biewer?
1. Who will be the primary care giver?
2. Where will the puppy be kept during the night?
3. Where will the puppy be during the day?
4. Is anyone home during the day?
5. How many hours will the puppy be alone per day?
6. Have you ever owned a dog before?
7. Are you prepared to potty train (I will provide instruction)?
8. Do you have children? What are their ages?
9. Are you interested in a male or female puppy?
10. How did you hear about us?
11. Will you come to visit us and pick up your puppy or would you prefer we ship? We prefer that you pick
our babies up.
12. Vet name, address and phone number. Please make sure that you give them permission for me to
contact them for a reference.
13. Have you ever house trained a dog before?
14. How long have you lived at this address?
15. Will you be attending any training classes?
16. How long did your last pet live?
17. Have you ever returned a dog, and if so why?
18. Have you ever given a dog away or taken a dog to a shelter, and if so why?
19. What are your expectations for a Almost Heaven Biewer or Cloverdale Yorkie pup or adult?
20.Do you have the means to care for our puppy including giving it yearly vet care and anything it needs
to live a pampered and spoiled life? :-)
21 Do you already own a Biewer or Yorkshire Terrier?
22. Do you understand the difference between a Limited Registration(Pet only, must be spayed or
neutered at the appropriate age) and Full Registration (shown and/or breeding Potential quality)?
23. Do you have any affiliation with any Biewer or Yorkshire Terrier Club here in North America or in
Germany (Europe)? If so which one?
24. Do you have intentions to eventually breed the puppy/dog?
25. Are you interested in showing the puppy/dog?
26. Have you ever shown a puppy/dog before?
27. Do you understand that if you no longer can keep our puppy/dog that it must be returned to us
and never go to rescue, a shelter, be used in animal testing, go to a puppy mill or to an
unscrupulous breeder? If you need to place the pup we will assist you.
28. Please provide me with 2 or 3 references to include name, address's and telephone number (preferably
to include your veterinarian if you have one). If you do not have a pet now and have had one before i
would like that vet's name and phone number please.
Yorkshire Terrier pups that are sold as pets only will be registered in the AKC. Biewer pups will be
registered in either the BBIR or a registry in Germany. We hold on to all registration papers for pet only
puppies. We truly appreciate that you took the time to fill this questionnaire out. We are only interested
in people who will love and care for our pups the way that we take care of ours, with love, affection and
Please copy and paste this into an email or a Word Document and address it to MistyLK13@aol.com.
Please put Yorkie or Biewer Adoption Questionnaire in the subject line! Thanks so much!
IMPORTANT NOTE... 6% West Virginia sales tax will be added to all pups sold.
|If you are considering one of our puppies, we are flattered! We know that you have
done your research, and have learned that we work very hard to breed and raise
pups that are genetically sound, healthy, intelligent and beautiful. I am very
passionate about the Yorkshire Terrier and Biewer breeds (as you will soon see)!
I try to have as much educational material on my web site about the Biewers and
Yorkies as I can. I have so much more that I want to add and will continue to do
so as my time allows!
We feel that we may have some of the best puppies in the country: our pups are
handled and played with every day of their first 90 days with us. By the time your
Almost Heaven Biewer or Yorkshire Terrier puppy arrives, he or she has been
exposed to all types of surfaces, noises, and sights. Your pup has been for rides in
the car and been socialized by many of my 9 grandchildren! They have had a great
deal of human contact!
Your new pup will have been on solid food for at least 6 weeks, and been wormed
and vaccinated appropriate for his or her age.
|We feel our puppies are special and we want their new homes to be special. Our pups will need love and
attention and training. Pups must be taught correct behaviors and learn to be good citizens and members
of the family. You must be willing to devote a substantial number of hours to caring for and training your
new pup, or arrange to have the dog trained.
The following questionnaire will give you an idea of some things we consider important in determining
intended to provoke you into thinking about how you will handle certain issues related to your pup.
Others are to aid in your pup's selection from the litter.
Once we have received and reviewed your questionnaire, we will be in touch with you to discuss the choice
of a litter, and puppy, that will be perfect for you. Deposits for Yorkshire Terrier puppies are $300.00,
Biewers are $500.00. Deposits are Non-Refundable so please be sure of your decision. A puppy is
considered available until your deposit is received. When you are ready to send a deposit you will fill out
the Puppy Deposit Agreement particular to the timing of sending the deposit (before the litter is on the
ground or after). http://almostheavenbiewers.com/Puppy_Deposit.html
If a puppy is sold or transferred in the state of West Virginia, %6 sales tax applies to the purchase price of
*** I reserve the right to cancel any sale at any time if I deem that the prospective owners are not suitable
for one of my pups ***
Registration papers for all pet quality puppies will be held by me until proof of spay or neuter is sent to me.
My Puppy Application MUST be filled out before making an appointment to come meet the puppies. We
would love for you to meet the puppies in person but visits cannot be scheduled until the puppies have had
their first set of shots per Veterinary recommendation.
We very much appreciate you're taking the time to read this and fill out this application.
Have a blessed day!
Of course I will be very select in whom I sell my pups too. Most of my pups will be sold as pets only.
No pup may be resold, brokered, auctioned, given to rescue, used in animal testing etc. Any
Co-Ownership with anyone other that myself will have to be under written contract and signed by me.
Any pup that must be re-homed for what ever reason by the buyer must be returned to us and will be
re-homed or kept by us. Any proceeds from the sale of the pup, depending on how long we keep him or her,
will be given to the buyer (minus any expenses involved in the subsequent re-placement of the pup/dog).
This measure alleviates the chance for any of my pups to be re-sold to puppy mills, brokers, unscrupulous
breeders or breeders that do not mirror my very strict ethics... people we choose not to sell our pups too.
As you can imagine... this is MOST IMPORTANT to me!!!!